We have provided pro-bono support for charities that particularly focus on Hinduism, India or social issues. In addition, we have also fundraised for several charities in the last few years and regularly highlight opportunities for members to engage in charitable activities to our Mailing List via regular mailshots.
These activities happen regularly throughout the year, but the below list provides a summary of the most recent activities.
- Sewa Day adds £400,000 value to Britain: Two economists from the CHN produced an independent report that showed Sewa Day, which encourages social action, good deeds and public service, in 2011, returned £4.40 of economic and social benefit for every £1 expended on it resulting in a £400,000 monetised gross benefit of to the British economy.
- Fundraising for Child in Need (India): All profits from our Diwali Dinner in 2011 were donated to CINI.
- Assistance in recruiting Patrons for a charity focussing on social issues in London.
- Providing intern support via our membership to charities operating in Britain and India.
- Providing a platform for charities to inform members of their work, such as a Networking Dinner with Nisha Agrawal, CEO of Oxfam India.