Hinduism is a conglomeration of distinct intellectual or philosophical points of view based on karma, dharma and societal norms / spiritual events rather than a rigid common set of beliefs.
Hinduism is comprised of several diverse traditions and has no single founder and is the oldest living religion in the world. Ancient Hindu texts discuss theology, philosophy,mythology, rituals and and other topics. These scriptures include the Vedas, Upanishads, Purāṇas, Mahābhārata, Rāmāyaṇa, Bhagavad Gītā and Āgamas.
The CHN enables members to learn about the wide spectrum of beliefs, rather than following just one path. The organisation is therefore non-denominational, or non-sampradayic.
Our spiritual events are varied and held in conjunction with large multinationals in London. Below are some examples:
- Three evenings of guided meditation by Pujyashree Bhupendrabhai Pandya: Nearly 200 attendees of all ages attended three consecutive evenings of guided meditation with our partner CMS Cameron McKenna.
- ‘Defining the divine: Is religion a type of philosophy or is philosophy just a part of religion?’ A deeply philosophical and theological discussion bringing together the leading thinkers on Hinduism in the country, including from the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies (OCHS), with our corporate partners CMS Cameron McKenna.
- Further Journeys for Change: Inspirational spiritual journeys from panellists who came from social or economic hardship to rise to the top of their professions to Board-level or equivalent, with our corporate partners Simmons & Simmons and UBS.
- ‘Give-Get-Grow’ by Swamiji Shree Krishnadasji: Learning about how to grow spiritually and ethically, with our corporate partners PwC.
- This House believes vegetarianism is still just as important for British Hindus today as was for the previous generation”: An intense debate about the relevance of vegetarianism and, more widely, ahimsa, for young people today, with our corporate partners CMS Cameron McKenna.
- The Indian Mind: Dialogues with Diversity in conjunction with the OCHS and our corporate partners Deloitte.
- Faith-based values in a secular world: Hindu perspectives, in conjunction with the OCHS and our corporate partners Accenture.